July 9, 2020
Dear Parents/Guardians and Riverdale Community:
I would like to provide you with an update on the plan to start the 2020-2021 school year. Much collaboration has been and is still taking place with a committee of teachers, supervisors, and administrative staff, other local schools, as well as the Hancock County Health Department.
Being flexible and learning to get comfortable with the uncomfortable seem almost inevitable as we return to school. All of your survey responses were taken into consideration as part of our return to school plan and we appreciate your input. At this point in time, our plans are still being developed.
While plans are still being developed, we do want to share important tentative information:
- We plan/hope to have in-person learning, five days and will maximize space as best we can
- We plan/hope to begin school as scheduled on Wednesday, August 26, 2020
- We plan to offer an online option that will exist for students with medical concerns
- We are hopeful traditional bus routes will remain
- Mask/face shield for students is strongly recommended, but not required
- We will be diligent with cleaning protocols in all school areas and on the bus
- A mask/face shield is likely required for parents/guardians when in the building
- Good hygiene practices will be promoted with health department intervention
More information and details will be coming as we continue to meet with our committee, health department and other local schools.
Lastly, our District is unique, in that we work collaboratively with schools in three counties. This collaboration takes a little bit of time. With that being said I ask for your continued patience as we work through the opening process.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me at school either via email at email@example.com or by phone 419-694-4994. Some questions may not have answers at this time but every attempt will be made to provide direction.
Jeff Young, Superintendent