April 23, 2020
Dear Students, Parents, and Community Members,
On April 20th Governor DeWine made a difficult decision to keep school buildings closed for the remainder of the academic year. Late this afternoon we received guidance on the school building closure order and how it pertains to graduation and awards ceremonies. It states “Congregate graduation ceremonies should not be held.” Therefore, we will honor our graduates by an alternative manner that pays tribute to each student. Below is an outline of what we are planning for the remainder of the school year.
- Graduation - The guidance we received from the Ohio Department of Education has eliminated a “traditional” ceremony on May 17th. More information to come on an alternative ceremony.
- Diplomas - Diplomas will be dated May 17th and transcripts will reflect this, as well.
- Prom - For the time being, the current date for prom is June 11th.
- Distance Learning - We are going to continue distance learning for the remainder of the year.
- Student Item Pick Up and Text Book/Device Turn In - We will be communicating a schedule for personal items pick up and school items return. We will use text, voice messaging, social media, and the Riverdale app to let you know.
- Academic Awards Banquet – We will not be hosting the Academic Awards Banquet. Mr. Evans and Mrs. Williams are developing a plan to notify students who received academic awards and seniors who received scholarships. More information coming.
- Athletics - The Ohio High School Association cancelled all spring sports for the 2020 season. We appreciate the love and dedication that our senior athletes have given to the school. We will miss seeing these young women and young men in action.
Look for another update coming soon!
Riverdale Local Schools